• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

PKR Skiing after Replacement

Mike61

Country
United States United States
For those who ski, have you found the need (desire) for different (Narrower,lighter) skis? I currently ski 96 underfoot and was wondering if an 88 might be better tolerated for most of my skiing, which is East Coast, USA. Hopefully, the knees will allow me to do more pain free ski touring!

Hello Mike,
It's completely understandable that you inquired about this on the recovery side, but unfortunately it has to remain on the pre-op side because you haven't had surgery yet. You wisely titled your post, so hopefully you'll receive replies here, but in an effort to help I will post the threads of some skiers below, also tagging them with the hope they stop by with feedback. Have a great Thursday!
@Mike61

For those who ski, have you found the need (desire) for different (Narrower,lighter) skis? I currently ski 96 underfoot and was wondering if an 88 might be better tolerated for most of my skiing, which is East Coast, USA. Hopefully, the knees will allow me to do more pain free ski touring!
Hey Mike,

I went straight back on my stockli stormriders in a 95, I tour on the same ski. Because my new knee is stronger than my old worn out one was, I am skiing to a much more consistently high level, same with touring, I've done 2 or 3 big tours with 1500m + vert post op with no issues (other than me being unfit)

Enjoy!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom