THR my new hips

Glad your surgery went well. Get as much rest as you can and stay ahead of the pain. Have a peaceful night. Kate Kimmer [emoji254]

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Sweet dreams!!! Get lots of rest[emoji42]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thinking of you Gone again...hoping tomorrow your pain is better..glad you& Cheryl are on the other side now! I am going in on Friday! Hope to hear from you soon ! Prayers ❤

Thanks all didn't get to my room till 6:00 feeling better,head is clear( well as clear as it gets)
Haven't peed yet and have no appetite. But it's still early

Welcome to the otherside!

Here's some reading for you while you are resting.

Hip Recovery: The Guidelines
1. Don’t worry: Your body will heal all by itself. Relax, let it, don't try and hurry it, don’t worry about any symptoms now, they are almost certainly temporary
2. Control discomfort:
rest
elevate
ice
take your pain meds by prescription schedule (not when pain starts!)
3. Do what you want to do BUT
a. If it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physical therapist - to do it to you
b. If your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again.
4. PT or exercise can be useful BUT take note of these
BoneSmart philosophy for sensible post op therapy
5. At week 4 and after you should follow this Activity progression for THRs

Pain management and the pain chart
Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of THR recovery

Dislocation risk and 90 degree rule
Energy drain for THRs
Pain and swelling control: elevation is the key

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

BIG TIP: Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.

We try to keep the forum a positive and safe place for our members to talk about their questions or concerns and to report successes with their joint replacement surgery. While members may create as many threads as they like in a majority of BoneSmart's forums, we ask that each member have only one recovery thread. This policy makes it easier to go back and review history before providing advice.

@Gone again I'm so happy you are doing well. I pee but kind of have to for example it, they said that can happen. I have the ice gel pack going. Are you icing. I slept for an hour then my iv was beeping to get changed then time for vitals and a pee. Going to put my meditation on and try sleeping again. It's 118 am..... I wish you well. Cheryl

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Hi Gone again.
Welcome to the post op.
Take it easy for a while now and post when you feel strong enough.
Onwards and upwards.
Joe.....

Welcome to the recovery side! Glad your surgery went well and hopefully the meds will have your pain under control by the time you read this. Try to get some rest.

I'm singing this. What a difference a day makes Got some sleep here and there last night. Haven't seen the PT yet but I can do heel slides and foot pumps but not going crazy. Nurse said I'm doing great. I feel great. Pain it light weight. Couldn't be happier at this point Sacred Hart is the bomb:ok:

Yaaay so happy for you!!!! I am going in on Friday RTHR! It's the unknown pain levels that is scary..I am so happy you are feeling this well!! Continued recovery & thank you for posting!!!!

Congratulations, you are on the road to recovery. How long do they have u stay in the hospital? I was discharged the same afternoon as my 7:30 am surgery. Slept all night in my own comfy bed.

@Gone again You sound good. I'm glad. I never slept well but feel OK. I had burning pain around 3 this morning and they gave me an oxy and it resolved. I've been given my meds on schedule and was thankful for the one extra pill. I still haven't had a bowel movement but have burped. I was given a stool softener this morning. I'm on antibiotics and will be given a blood thinner you needle for 3 weeks.

@cpollock been given oxi and perkacet blood thinner & stool softener.had my first PT treatment and bid great.one more PT treatment and I can go home maybe by 5:00.do you know when you'll be ready or go home?
Yup burping like mad

@Gone again Welcome to the other side! Already doing heels slides? That is an excellent sign! After my second hip replacement I checked to see what I could do before pt or nurses could tell me no. I found I could do heel slides. I could not do those after the first hip replacement. You should have a good recovery.

I won't get out til tomorrow morning. I've hardly slept so hopefully tonight. Did you get discharged.

I was released the next day after doing a full flight of stairs. Sleeping in the hospital just won't happen. They had oxygen & carbon dioxide Meter on me when I did fall asleep I'd set it off so I've Got sleep apnea. But home now slept good last night. No bowel movement yet. I'm not hardly swollen at all. The doctor glued the lncision no drain tube and used a water proof bandage so I'm good for a shower as soon as I get up the energy,I'm pretty drained.
My family is awesome
Plus reading on this site was a real bonus there were no surprises.my thanks go out to everyone.
I won't see the doctor for 6 weeks. He wants to wait 3 months before doing the other side.

Sounds like you are doing well. Sleep is your best friend. Good luck.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom