• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

THR Kritterkiddo's THR Recovery

@Kritterkiddo ROFL what a smart kitty! He figured out that wheel chair is for injured feet/paws. Gotta love the kritters -- they do be the best purr-a-medics! And keep us entertained. :catbutterfly::kitty::kittymilk::kittykiss:

Happy to see you're keeping your sense of humor through all of this. It really does help! And fur babies are so good at giving us things to giggle about.

Mine were really good about staying out from under foot while I was recovering but now its like all bets are off! Lets see who can knock her down first! :catdance::catbutterfly:

Can people with a TKR use a knee scooter?
If not, that is too bad. I borrowed one to use as my broken toe heals. Even the cat likes sitting on it if I am in his wheel chair. It is not good in the house because we have tile floors so there is a lot of rattling and bumping along, and my foot swells up really fast.
But speaking of really fast, I took it to Walmart to get one item, a box o coffee, when the store was relatively empty and oh my gosh was that fun! That knee scooter just scooted along effortlessly with just one push, like I was on a magic carpet. If my husband wasn't waiting in the car I would have taken advantage of the empty aisles and really skated along.
I zipped into the check out line and then had to wait. and wait. and wait. I guess that was giving me the hint to slow down.
So I highly recommend a knee scooter for fun. Please note though that it was really slow in the bumpy parking lot.

Peace

I can't imagine a TKR patient using a knee scooter, that is if I am thinking of the correct sort of scooter.. Wouldn't you need to have a deep flexion of the knee to get into place on it?

But girl, you had some fun now, didn't you? :chuckmarch:
Maybe you can find a reason to return to Walmart again soon!

I can't imagine a TKR patient using a knee scooter, that is if I am thinking of the correct sort of scooter.. Wouldn't you need to have a deep flexion of the knee to get into place on it?

But girl, you had some fun now, didn't you? :chuckmarch:
Maybe you can find a reason to return to Walmart again soon!
@CricketHip. Return to Wal-Mart wi the knee scooter?!!!
Oh yea, that is how I will break something else....:bignono:
'I can resist anything but temptation' (Oscar Wilde)

But it was sooo fun!!

Last edited:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks