• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reverse Shoulder Replacement Numb fingers & thumb

Giftsol

Country
Canada Canada
Hi
I had trigger finger done on 1st finger and 2nd finger Jan 18 2023 then
RTSR Mar 22 2023. When the nerve block wore off my thumb and 1st finger and 2nd finger were still thumb. I went back to the finger surgeon she said, with out really looking at them it was carpal tunnel and would look at it when my shoulder was healed. I went to my shoulder surgeon he sent me for a Electromyography still thinking it was carpal tunnel.
Well it turns out it is not it is Proximal Median Neuropathy as a Complication of Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty: Nerve Strain.
Has any one had that before?

@Giftsol Welcome to BoneSmart! I am so sorry to hear you have been having this ongoing problem! that sounds very distressing and painful. I am not aware of anyone who has experienced this problem ... but there might be some members who have and hopefully they will stop by to let you know of their experience.

Did either of your surgeons offer a plan to fix this problem?

@Giftsol Welcome to BoneSmart! Nerve issues following joint replacement are not unusual. Sounds like you have a solid diagnosis now and can move forward. As you have probably been told, nerves will take a long time to heal. Time and patience are needed.

Please keep us updated!

I had Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement 5 weeks ago. Everything is going well except I still have numbness in index, middle and ring fingers. Plus, my index finger is weak and I’m unable to bend it all the way. Has anyone else had these issues? Thank you for any feedback.

@Carolv43 Welcome to BoneSmart! Please start your own thread here in the shoulder recovery section and tell us the date of your surgery and which shoulder was replaced. With your own thread we will be able to more fully address your concerns. To start your thread go to the top of the listing of threads for this section and click on the orange button at the top right. Pick a title that you will remember then tell us more of your situation.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom