• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR March 8/22 RTKR Excited for the next step!

Winter cycling is actually pretty fun. I purchased a Trek Farley5 about 3 weeks ago... sooooo much good times. Amazing how it sticks to the trails. The only issue is keeping my toes warm.... guess icing down the knee is not really an issue....:snork:

Get the sticky toe warmers you put in your shoes. They are awesome.

I have some boot covers and neoprene toe caps for up to -7°C below that I have some insulated Solomon winter boots I wear. Once I put all my winter clothes on I look like a Sasquatch man riding a tiny little bike.

Happy Two Year Anniversary, Axx!
I hope you have a wonderful Spring and Summer of cycling. :SUNsmile:
@Axx72

Great Post!

Celebrating in Mexico

IMG_1647.jpeg

Last edited:
Is that Tommy Lee Jones? :wink: Do you ever get that?
Looking good...enjoy celebrating wherever you are, Axx
@Axx72

I had to look up, PK, and I guess I can see the resemblance.

Tommy Lee Jones has some heavy facial scarring, which you obviously don't, it was just my first impression upon seeing the photo of you in your sunnies. Obviously the younger version of TLJ, not the nearing 80 version, lol. Have a wonderful weekend, Axx!
@Axx72

1710511414809.png
Let's see, how do we connect this to joint replacement talk?
Did you read, TLJ, just experienced bilateral TKR at almost 80?!! Don't look it up, I just lied. :wink:

Working on that action hero vibe I see…

Great picture, beautiful sky but what I really love is the water. Found out this summer one of my grandsons shares that with me. My husband doesn’t understand it, but even though I could barely walk, my grandson and I were way out in the water (with my cane), just letting the waves pick us up off our feet and set us back down. He had to go out there with us to make sure we didn’t drown…

There is something so relaxing about riding a bike. I couldn't wait to get back on mine. Enjoy your time and stay safe!

my grandson and I were way out in the water (with my cane), just letting the waves pick us up off our feet and set us back down.
The waves are so amazingly relaxing.

Spent hours and hours snorkling with my wife in the sea. Can’t fin-kick quite the same as I used to but no discomfort in my knee all the same.

Whats in the cup depends on the time of day TBH :) we all wake up need caffeine, do activity and then get into the relaxed party mode later. Even in Mexico I could not turn off the need to do something physical in the morning

Im about a month and a half out from the BC Epic bikepacking race which is about 1300km in length over 10-12 days(not really a race for me). Tying up loose ends with gear and training. Trying to remember to take some time off every now and then to let my body catch up to my brain. My hours of training are at about 10-16 per week with most of it being multiple sessions during the day to get used to the long hours in the saddle.

Standard aches in my knee here and there but nothing is consistent or concerning. Most important part is to not go too hard during my sessions because that is not the goal I am after. If you burn matches that way, after 8-9 hours of riding you will not be able to get up and go the next day. Its all about patience and enjoying the journey.

That's awesome, Axx! How exciting for you! Stay safe as you practice and I hope you do well in the race.
It's fantastic to see you back at something you have such a passion for and will be an inspiration for those following behind you.
Best wishes always! :)
@Axx72

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks