• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR Second TKR

kygirl13

Country
United States United States
Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for my second TKR (left knee) in June and I'll say I'm a lot more excited about this one than I was the first one. Any advice or experiences with the second TKR? My first TKR was on the right knee 17 months ago and I love it.

Hi and Welcome back!

Please tell us the June date for the left knee and we’ll add that to your signature. :flwrysmile:

Hi!
My two were about 4.5 months apart. The whole ortho team told me not to expect identical recoveries, and they were right!

Even so, simply having the personal and house prep routine down and the outpatient preop/postop routine familiar made for a more relaxed recovery.

There were enough differences that I was doing a late night internet search about something troubling me after the second surgery and happened upon BoneSmart.

Reactions: lrj
My surgery date is June 4. I've heard the recoveries can be quite different. I am glad that the house/equipment is ready and I do know what to expect.

@kygirl13 :wave:Hi there! I'm always overjoyed to hear about great results! Thanks for mentioning how happy you've been with you first TKR - I'll be following what I'm sure will be your SECOND TKR success story! I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you found to be most hlepful in your first recovery as I'm about a month behind you in the process!

I've heard the recoveries can be quite different.
Mine two recoveries certainly were.

But, one good thing about about the second TKR is that the early weeks seemed much easier on me emotionally because I knew what to expect. The "fear factor" that accompanied every twinge during the first recovery was gone!

You'll do great!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Rkelley
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom