2017 September Sapphires - Are you having hip surgery in September?

Right hip 9-15-2017.
Hi @Sandy_Max
I'n 48 yeas old and scheduled for my first THR on Sept. 22. Feeling nervous!
Hi @Sandy_Max I am 56 and had a LTHR on 7th july (posterior) I'm now just over 8 weeks post op. I've had a pretty uneventful recovery really, I'm walking without crutches and have very little pain, sleeping well and managing most household chores. My only advice is be kind to yourself, follow the info given on here 're your recovery as it's the best advice ever!! And don't try and compare yourself to anyone else's recovery, we are all so different, some are very physical and some are not, do what feels comfortable for you and you will be fine! I was really worried but I kept busy and tried to distract myself, the spinal is painless and you sleep like a baby then it's recovery time! My hubby was an absolute saint too which helps a lot. I wish you lots of luck, my thoughts are with you and look forward to seeing you on the other side!

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all September Sapphires!

header-jpg.32155

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Hip Section to post comments and share your journey toward hip replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 September 2017 1hipwonder
06 September 2017 leenie60
07 September 2017 Shellbelle, mercman
12 September 2017 artist6, mystikfairy61 (her second)
13 September 2017 Rimrock (his second), MyAussieGirl (her second), dapplega
14 September 2017 paulabeck
15 September 2017 Fragy, DRW, jenny46
18 September 2017 NoraJ (her second), Moxey, snickers
19 September 2017 Ozzie girl, plug (his second)
22 September 2017 Sandy_Max
25 September 2017 DT1962

I am having my left hip replaced tomorrow, 7th September 2017.

sept 100.jpg
@mercman, you have been officially added to the Sepetember surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

hi all, I am new to the forum. Its so reassuring to read about other people's positive experiences. I will be having trhp on 15 september, I also need to have the other one done very soon after. My life has drastically changed over the last few years, I am practically housebound with pain and lack of sleep.... I'm 46 and still mum of a 11 year old....so its not easy. looking forward to living again.

sept 123.jpg
@jenny46, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.

hi all, I am new to the forum. Its so reassuring to read about other people's positive experiences. I will be having trhp on 15 september, I also need to have the other one done very soon after. My life has drastically changed over the last few years, I am practically housebound with pain and lack of sleep.... I'm 46 and still mum of a 11 year old....so its not easy. looking forward to living again.
Hi @jenny46 and welcome! Sorry to hear you are having problems, it's no joke being in constant pain never mind having an 11 yr old to care for. You will find a much better life on the other side and I wish you lots of luck :welome:

sept 133.jpg
@Ozzie girl, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

Thank you. What a positive forum. September 19th, my op day is looming nearer though it's so reassuring hearing from people from "the other side".
May all of your recoveries go to plan, best wishes

Still scheduled for the 12th! Thanks for all your comments/help!

sept 75.jpg
@dapplega, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

I'm getting a Right THR on 9-19. Had my left one done 3 years ago. Did a lot of very physical re-hab. This dr sez its all changed now, much mellower re-hab. Has anyone done the new approach to re-hab? Thanks

sept 80.jpg
@plug, you have been officially added to the September surgery list! You are now officially a September Sapphire!

@snickers Thanks for asking I am done came home late Thursday night. If Josephine the nurse in here saw what I did today she'd kill me lol. You will do well
If you want to know anything come on over to my page you'll see I had it changed to Aussies posterior..So now in less than 6 months I have two new hips

My op has switched to the 19th.. I was happy to have the extra day to get sorted. I was working late most nights this past week to get finished up. I hope all is going well for fellow sapphires.

@snickers Thanks for asking I am done came home late Thursday night. If Josephine the nurse in here saw what I did today she'd kill me lol. You will do well
If you want to know anything come on over to my page you'll see I had it changed to Aussies posterior..So now in less than 6 months I have two new hips

Thanks....will let everyone know how mine comes out. Great to hear you are doing well! [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Sylvie616